What My Page Offers

Hello, I created this web page so that anyone can share pet stories, videos, questions, advice, training tips and tricks and much more. I am also trying to give many homeless animals a home by posting thier shelters on this page. The shelter links can be found at the top of the page under the puppies. I am also offering some great products at great prices. Check out my pet store located at the bottom of the page, or click the Pet Store link on the top of the page to open it up in a new window.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Having A Pet Isnt As Expensive As You'd Think

Yes its true having a pet can become very expensive between shots, vet visits, food, grooming needs, summer care, winter care, medications, toys.... and so much more. But If you know where to go for cheaper pet care it can make things so much easier on you.

It makes me sad to see so many people giving up their pets these days cause of a loss of a job or budget cuts. I'm not saying that people are bad because they need, or want, to get rid of their pet. But I know, personally, that pets are not that expensive.
The company I worked at closed down 2 months after I bought my puppy, I never thought about giving her away or selling her. She is not yet spayed, only because I wanted to wait until she was a little older, she is up to date with her shots, she has flea and tick control, and she will be starting training classes in a month. Unfortunately I am still unemployed, but I am still able to give her everything she needs.
The ASPCA offers low cost training, shots, and lost cost spaying and neutering.
Many websites, or local pet stores offer lost cost flea and tick control. Amazon.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, 1800petmeds.com.
I would just like people to know before buying a pet that so much goes into caring for that pet. Its a very sad story when people own a dog, cat, bird or any other animal and give it away or sell it a few months after buying it. I dont believe in giving up a pet because of high costs. If you must give your pet away be sure that he has a good home and please dont bring him to a shelter.

3 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Follow Me Club. Great blog.

Maricel said...

It's true that owning a pet can be expensive these days, but as a pet lover, I wouldn't want anything in the world but to see my dogs healthy. It breaks my heart to see people maltreating their pets...

As a fellow Mom Bloggers Club member, I'm following via the Follow Me Club list. =) I have also followed your twitter.

Maricel --- Momhood Moments

I'm currently building my blogroll. Care for a link exchange?

Momrempel said...

Hi visiting from Follow Me Club on MBC! Great blog:)

Great Training Books

Training DVDs

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008